If you are having trouble making ends meet and don’t know where to turn, help is available to get the information you need and walk you through the often difficult-to-navigate social services system.
Our staff helps clients find benefits and programs they may be eligible for, including:
- Food Stamp Benefits (SNAP) are available to those who have sufficient income to meet most of their basic living costs but need help to supplement their food expenses.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Qualifying households may receive cash benefits to assist with heating bills, crisis benefits to resolve heating emergencies, and weatherization/energy conservation assistance to provide long range solutions to the heating problems of low-income households.
- Cash Assistance is available to low-income people/families based on rules and standards established by the state Department of Public Welfare.
- Medical Assistance (including Medical Assistance to Workers with Disabilities and the Medical Savings Program for Payment of Medicare premium) identifies eligible individuals/families and helps them overcome the barriers to getting enrolled in free, comprehensive health care coverage.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is Pennsylvania’s program to provide quality health insurance for children of working families who otherwise could not afford it. All children are eligible. Cost is income dependent.
- Child Care Works Program helps eligible families of low-income pay their childcare fees.
For help, call Friend, Inc. Community Services at 610-683-7790.