Join Friend, Inc. Community Services on September 27th to learn what programs are available to assist you with your needs. Over 20 agencies and services will be represented. Light refreshments will be served, and you can enter for a chance to win a … Continue Reading...
- Friend served a total of 1,679 individuals.
- 892 households consisting of 1,648 individuals were served through the food pantry — 403 children, 1,050 adults and 195 elderly.
- Friend distributed 249,478 pounds of food.
- 619 volunteers with over 3,762 volunteer hours
- 24 households were assisted through the Salvation Army voucher program
- 48 households were assisted through the special needs program
- 1,242 referrals made to health and human service agencies
Kutztown University Satellite Food Pantry
- 383 individuals were served
- Approximately 31,920 pounds of food distributed
- 64 volunteers
- 602 volunteer hours
When Carrie, a single mother of four, needed help the United Way of Berks County referred her to Friend, Inc. Seeking assistance for her family through the food pantry, Carrie called Friend, Inc... Continue reading
Felicia and her husband Derrick are raising their two young grandsons due to unforeseen circumstances... Continue reading
Single mom Colleen was a reliable employee at a local convenience store for more than 12 years until she was involved in a car accident, which exacerbated some previous health conditions... Continue reading