Join Friend, Inc. Community Services on August 12, 2017 for the 8th annual "Brake the Cycle of Poverty"—a benefit bike ride from 8 AM-2 PM at Saucony Creek Brewing Company, 15032 Kutztown Road, Kutztown PA. Cost includes a sandwich from … Continue Reading...
- Friend served a total of 544 households with 1,352 individuals.
- 511 households consisting of 1,260 individuals were served through the food pantry — 376 children, 687 adults and 197 elderly.
- Friend distributed 181,035 pounds of food.
- 1,210 referrals were made to health and human services.
- 410 individuals residing in Brandywine Heights School District were served.
- 332 individuals residing in the Fleetwood Area School District were served.
- 555 individuals residing in Kutztown School District were served.
When Carrie, a single mother of four, needed help the United Way of Berks County referred her to Friend, Inc. Seeking assistance for her family through the food pantry, Carrie called Friend, Inc... Continue reading
Felicia and her husband Derrick are raising their two young grandsons due to unforeseen circumstances... Continue reading
Single mom Colleen was a reliable employee at a local convenience store for more than 12 years until she was involved in a car accident, which exacerbated some previous health conditions... Continue reading